Electrical sizing and power balance calculation
elec calc™ allows the calculation of electrical power, the dimensioning of conductors and protections. It proceeds automatically to the calculation for the whole installation in real time according to different functioning scenarios (Normal, Emergency, Shedding). The user can also choose a manual dimensioning mode..
The manual calculation
Calculation can be set in an automatic or in a manual mode. In the manual mode, the user inputs the different characteristics of the installation. This functionality is particularly recommended for the simulation of an existing installation. Calculations are made in real time and anomalies are visually highlighted to the user. The badly sized element changes color, the parameter involved is highlighted and a message allows to identity the problem.
The automatic calculation
The calculation of the electrical power is also realized by an automatic calculation, what allows to design a complete installation starting from the dimensioning hypothesis specified by the user: the maximal acceptable reduction of voltage, the constraints for the conductor choices and the constraints for neutral conductor and PE. The user inputs the cable lengths and defines the laying environment, elec calc™ calculates then the whole installation by studying the different cases of functioning defined by the user.
The compensation of the reactive energy
All electrical machines using alternative current (motor, transformer …) bring into play two forms of energy, the active energy and the reactive energy.
The consumed active energy (kWh) transforms itself totally in mechanical power (work) and in heat (losses).
The consumed reactive electrical energy (Var) serves essentially to the alimentation of the magnetic circuits of the electrical machines.
Want to know more?
- Electrical design software for aeronautics
- Electrical design software for automotive
- Electrical design software for shipbuilding
- Electrical design software for railway
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical design for custom machines
- Electrical design software for panel builders
- P&ID design software for Oil & Gas
- P&ID design software for water treatment
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- P&ID and electrical design for the pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical schematic software
- Electrical CAD software
- 3D electrical design software
- Wire harness design software
- Piping diagrams software
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design software
- LV / MV electrical calculation software
- Photovoltaic PV software
- PV installations sizing software
- Outdoor lighting calculation software
- Electrical Content Portal