elec calc™ calculates in real time the total harmonic distorsion (THD) at any level of the installation. This calculation is are carried out according to the simplified method described in IEC document 61800-3 §B.3.3.2.
In this approach, the harmonic currents are arithmetically added (conservative approach). The THD is calculated for all distorting 3-phase components belonging to the part of the installation in question using the equation:
2-phase components are taken into account with an unbalance correction factor of √3.
Single-phase components are taken into account with an unbalance correction factor of 3.
The harmonic currents are initialised on the different receivers. Nevertheless, harmonic levels can be modified by the user on any distributor, for example to take into account the filters that may be installed to reduce the THD.
Discover more features
Configuration and customization
- Client-server application
- Licenses and system requirements
Electrical calculation features
- One-line diagram
- HV/LV real-time calculation
- Power balance
- Short-circuit currents calculation
- Cable cross-section calculation
- Operating modes
- Discrimination (selectivity)
- Limitation and cascading (back-up)
- Multi-sources and multi-receivers
- Voltage drops
- Compensation of the reactive energy
- Earthing systems
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- Electrical calculation software for electrical installations
- Electrical calculation for Solar industry
- Electrical calculation software for Street lighting
- Electrical calculation software for engineering