What is the GDPR?
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a new EU Regulation which replaces the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive (DPD) to significantly enhance the protection of the personal data of EU citizens and increase the obligations on organisations who collect or process personal data.
It will come into force on 25th May 2018 but it builds on many of the 1995 Directive’s requirements for data privacy and security, but includes several new provisions to bolster the rights of data subjects and add harsher penalties for violations. The full text of the GDPR can be found here.
Who does the GDPR apply to?
While the current EU legislation (the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive) governs entities within the EU, the territorial scope of the GDPR is far wider in that it will also apply to non-EU businesses who a) market their products to people in the EU or who b) monitor the behavior of people in the EU. In other words, even if you’re based outside of the EU but you control or process the data of EU citizens, the GDPR will apply to you. Since every business is different and the GDPR takes a risk-based approach to data protection, companies should work to assess their own data collection and storage practices, seek their own legal advice to ensure that their business practices comply with the GDPR.
How does Trace Software comply with the GDPR?
Is Trace Software GDPR compliant?
Yes, Trace Software is GDPR compliant. With more than 30 years of experience, in the development of software and services dedicated to industrial engineering, we collect contact details from users. Therefore, protection of their data privacy has always been our top priority.
How does Trace Software collect user consent?
Is Trace Software user database opt-in?
Yes, the TSI registered users must voluntarily opt-in to join our list of subscribers.
What about Trace Software unsubscribe policy?
Trace Software has a strict unsubscribe policy: on each email campaign sent by Trace Softwares, recipients have a clearly visible unsubscribe link.
Does Trace Software have a Data Privacy Officer (DPO)?
Yes, TSI has named a Data Privacy Officer to oversee GDPR compliance, coordinate the efforts of our R&D and Sales & Marketing teams and act as a data-privacy expert.
- Electrical design software for aeronautics
- Electrical design software for automotive
- Electrical design software for shipbuilding
- Electrical design software for railway
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical design for custom machines
- Electrical design software for panel builders
- P&ID design software for Oil & Gas
- P&ID design software for water treatment
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- P&ID and electrical design for the pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical schematic software
- Electrical CAD software
- 3D electrical design software
- Wire harness design software
- Piping diagrams software
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design software
- LV / MV electrical calculation software
- Photovoltaic PV software
- PV installations sizing software
- Outdoor lighting calculation software
- Electrical Content Portal