elecworks™ has a unique feature for electrical cabling: the wiring diagram or single line diagram, allowing a simplified representation of an electrical cabling installation in pre-study phase.
The wiring diagram
elecworks™ wiring diagram lets you define the different installation components and locations (cabinets, control panels, consoles, connection boxes, etc.) and gives you a synoptic, functional view of the installation. The terminal strips and cabling connections between locations can be defined at the beginning, during or at the end of the project design. The length of the pathways can also be defined by the user and thus serve as a default value, for all cables within the given pathway.
This elecworks™ software feature lets you produce a wiring diagram of electrical cabling. It naturally completes the multi-line schemes, within the same project, with an automatic updating feature: if a cable is added to the wiring diagram, it is automatically updated in the developed scheme. All changes made in the scheme and/or in the wiring diagram are automatically passed along to the other documents.
Essential for pre-study works, the wiring diagram allows the cable list to be produced. If the wiring diagram is useful during the pre-study phase, it is also an important tool for the design of the installation functional scheme. Starting with the wiring diagram, the user can start producing his installation as a pre-study, and then launch his study during the installation cabling, allowing a reduced production time.
Unique to the elecworks™ wiring diagram software, this exclusive feature enables a greater flexibility in design work and lets the customer visualize the installation even at the beginning of the project.
Cable management in wiring diagrams
Cables are selected from a cable library included in the software. Many editing possibilities are available regarding cables. elecworks™ allows multiple selection of cables and allocates the wires directly.
Once a cable is allocated, the scheme symbol is changed (wire type, color, etc.) and the retro cable information is noted on the plan (cable mark, wire color, etc.).
Wiring can be implemented in several ways:
- cabling by the terminal strip editor
- cabling by contextual menu on a link
- cabling inside the wiring diagram interface
At any time, a cable can be replaced by another, without necessarily disconnecting the components.
Discover more features
Electrical design features
- The wiring diagram for a pre-study view
- Intelligent copy/paste
- Macros to re-use in electrical schematics or cabinets
- Multi-line schematic drawing
- Flexible components management by location and function
- Management and automatic terminal strips creation
- PLC schematic diagrams
- 2D cabinet layout and control panel design
- Customizable and automatic reports generation
- Design rules analysis
- Properties table (connection labels)
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design
- Electrical schematic symbol library
- Electrical design software for aeronautics
- Electrical design software for automotive
- Electrical design software for shipbuilding
- Electrical design software for railway
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical design for custom machines
- Electrical design software for panel builders
- P&ID design software for Oil & Gas
- P&ID design software for water treatment
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- P&ID and electrical design for the pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical schematic software
- Electrical CAD software
- 3D electrical design software
- PLM system integration software
- Wire harness design software
- Piping diagrams software
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design software
- LV / MV electrical calculation software
- Electrical installations calculation within BIM
- Photovoltaic PV software
- PV installations sizing software
- Electrical Content Portal