Industrial connectors are nowadays common elements in any machine.
By comparing catalogs from different manufacturers you will notice a great variety in the market: pin number, geometry, size, pinout… Keeping a library of symbols for each type of connector would be unfeasible for any designer. In fact some connectors may have70, 80 or even more than 100 pins!
For this reason elecworks™ incorporates a tool to dynamically insert connector symbols. Simply define the number and type of pins in the manufacturer reference (male or female, power, auxiliary…) and elecworks™ will automatically create them for you. As some pins may not be cabled, you can configure the tool not to draw them. This will dramatically reduce drawing time as well as your project’s number of pages.
In the picture here, J1 and J2 are two identical 24-pin connectors (of which there are some in wiring) and grounding. J1 is represented with a single symbol. For J2, 5 symbols have been dynamically inserted (could have been inserted on separate sheets). Thus schemes are more visual and easier to draw, reducing the possibility of wiring errors. Even better, not cabled pins have not been drawn.
As with PLCs, connector symbols are drawn from a base model. It is possible to modify this model to adjust dimensions, define what attributes are displayed, which drawings are added depending on the type of pin…
These settings are stored in configuration templates. And as with other resources, you may archive them and share them with your workmates.
This tool is very useful in the design of harness and hoses.
USER INTERFACE / DRAWING TOOLS / CONFIGURATION – CUSTOMIZATION
Productivity objectives in the production of electrical schemes
Complete and accessible project manager
The wiring diagram for a pre-study view
Connectors’ dynamic insertion
Intelligent copy/paste and the macros to re-use part of schemes or panels
Customized BOM generation and multi-language tools
Customer/server application for multi-user use and updating in real time
Management of user rights and design rules
MULTI-LINE SCHEMATICS / CONTROL-COMMAND
Flexible management of components, their locations and functions
Management and automatic production of terminal strips
PLCs – Programmable Logic Controllers
2D layout & cabinet and 2D thumbnails
DOCUMENTATION / IMPORT – EXPORT / COMMUNICATION WITH OTHER SOFTWARE
Importing a single-line elec calc™ schematic
Connection labels for easy exploitation
DWG Import-Export and smart PDF
Export to Excel formats (xls, csv), txt and xml
Neo, an exchange tool
ERP and PDM links
Electrical project integration in 3D
Elecworks licenses and IT compatibility
EQUIPMENT DATABASE & COMPONENTS
Want to know more?
- Electrical design software for aeronautics
- Electrical design software for automotive
- Electrical design software for shipbuilding
- Electrical design software for railway
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical design for custom machines
- Electrical design software for panel builders
- P&ID design software for Oil & Gas
- P&ID design software for water treatment
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- P&ID and electrical design for the pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical schematic software
- Electrical CAD software
- 3D electrical design software
- Wire harness design software
- Piping diagrams software
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design software
- LV / MV electrical calculation software
- Photovoltaic PV software
- PV installations sizing software
- Outdoor lighting calculation software
- Electrical Content Portal