elec calc™ BIM is an interaction tool facilitating the synergy between a 3D model and the electrical sizing and calculation software elec calc™.
After drawing in Revit, ArchiCAD or any other 3D architectural BIM software, the user can export the digital model (IFC4 format). A 3D model is created in elec calc™ BIM, allowing the user to get a realistic vision of his overall installation. He can then either recover all the electrical connections previously created in Revit and complete them in the software. Following this operation, a one-line diagram – including a precise description of the locations and environmental parameters – is generated in elec calc™ BIM.
The user has all the possible routes based on the relevant objects existing in the IFC model. He can also generate other paths in elec calc™ BIM. Routings between equipment are created according to the possible routes and methods of installation. Once this is done, the exact cable lengths are available to size and optimize the installation: calculation of short-circuit currents, cables cross- sections, definition of protection devices,…..
Several simulations can be done to compare the possible routing scenarios. The 3D model allows to detect if there is any conflict. If this case, the information is directly sent to the designer thanks to the BIM Collaboration Format (BCF) so he can fix the problem and correct his model. This process of conflict detection/resolution is an iterative process throughout the development of the project.
Thanks to the BIM window, the user has access to all the information and data regarding the BIM objects. Our partner BIM&Co can also provide the user with all the detailed information about the objects used. Finally, all the calculated data and added properties are sent back to Revit, in addition to all the calculation notes and data regarding the one line diagram.
Innovative and interactive, elec calc™ BIM is the missing piece essential to fully integrate your electrical installations within the BIM process.
Discover more features
Configuration and customization
- Client-server application
- Licenses and system requirements
Electrical calculation features
- One-line diagram
- HV/LV real-time calculation
- Power balance
- Short-circuit currents calculation
- Cable cross-section calculation
- Operating modes
- Discrimination (selectivity)
- Limitation and cascading (back-up)
- Multi-sources and multi-receivers
- Voltage drops
- Compensation of the reactive energy
- Earthing systems
- Electrical design software for aeronautics
- Electrical design software for automotive
- Electrical design software for shipbuilding
- Electrical design software for railway
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical design for custom machines
- Electrical design software for panel builders
- P&ID design software for Oil & Gas
- P&ID design software for water treatment
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- P&ID and electrical design for the pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical schematic software
- Electrical CAD software
- 3D electrical design software
- Wire harness design software
- Piping diagrams software
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design software
- LV / MV electrical calculation software
- Photovoltaic PV software
- PV installations sizing software
- Outdoor lighting calculation software
- Electrical Content Portal