As a street lighting sizing software, elec calc™ EP generates the installation through a tree view
As a street lighting sizing software, elec calc™ EP generates the installation in the form of a tree view based on the information provided by the user. The selection of an element of the installation shows on the right side of the interface the element’s technical characteristics to be defined by the user.
Real-time sizing of the whole installation according to technical constraints:
- Voltage drops in motor start-up and in steady state
- Currents of power cut
- Distribution of lights
- Type of lights
- Presence of other tasks (power plugs).
The voltage drop calculation takes into account the distribution type of the line (single-phased or three-phased), as well as the repartition of receivers on each of those phases.
The choice of protections is done according to:
- the accumulation of currents used for the size choice
- the maximal short-circuit current calculation to control the break capacity
- the thermal and magnetic thresholds (protection against overload and circuit-breaker)
- residual current device sensitivity according to the environment
The cables’ sizing takes into consideration:
- the laying modes
- the environment (temperature, …)
- the admissible maximal voltage drop
- the standard requirements.
Any anomaly is highlighted by a red alert message which explains the correction to be made (for example, « invalid protection, incorrect thermal adjustment », « magnetic adjustment set up too high » or « the voltage drop cannot exceed … »).