elecworks™ brings an advanced method that accelerates and enhances the electrical design at China Zhuzhou South Railway Institute – Wind Power Business Unit.
CSR Zhuzhou Wind Power Business Unit is a subsidiary of Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Research Institute (ZELRI), institute founded in 1959 and located at Zhuzhou in Hunan, the birthplace of electric locomotive manufacturing in China.
CSR Zhuzhou Wind Power Business Unit is a subsidiary of Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Research Institute (ZELRI), institute founded in 1959 and located at Zhuzhou in Hunan, the birthplace of electric locomotive manufacturing in China. The previous wire harness design process was taking at least 3 months and went through numerous steps, each of them a source of potential error. The process looked like this:
• First a real prototype harness with cables, wires and connectors was produced.
• After measuring each length of wire, the wires were bound together.
• Then each wire was photographed, printed to scale and numbered with the addition of connection information in a table for each wire.
• Mass production of harnesses could then start with this photo as a guideline. The installers would place the harness in the panel and each wire could be connected according to the connection table with I/O information.
• While the harness design was carried out on AutoCAD for the schematics and the wire lists, the wire connection table was carried out in MS Office.
• If a simple change in the drawing occurred, all the designing stages had to be repeated. This is the reason why the team had been looking for a new tool since 2009 to help them speed up design and shorten the production time.
Without a proper tool for cross-references, Ms. Xin and her fellow engineers were losing a lot of time locating all the connections between each component. She says:
«We reached the limits of manual work on AutoCAD. It was difficult to meet deadlines, especially as it does not guarantee an error-free design. With elecworks™, these processes and methods are now automated, freeing up time to improve design. For example, connection labels are automatically generated. elecworks™ runs on a database, which is also an advantage: engineers can now easily find the materials, symbols, cables, macros … Integration with SolidWorks and the 3D routing feature is an advantage fully appreciated.»
Indeed, elecworks™ is far from a simple electrical drawing tool, it doubled productivity. Through the 3D view of the harness, elecworks™ for SolidWorks 3D Routing module saved 2 / 3 of the time spent on the actual layout of the harness. Gone is the problem of change in the initial drawing having an impact on the entire production chain: the 3D routing module eliminates these problems because all diagrams and wirings are made through the software. If a change is made to the schematic, you restart the wire routing and the wiring is done automatically in 3D. This module can also detect from the start problems with the panel layout. Orders of panels and cables can be planned in advance. elecworks’ use has facilitated the adoption of a true working process during installation as well as the faster detection of problems during and after sale maintenance by identifying wires quickly. The use of elecworks™ raises a genuine interest in the team and its application continues to bring surprises in terms of enhancing the processes and methods
«It’s a good software whose long-term influence on users is essential. I am confident that with the market increase, more and more users will discover its benefits. We are committed to encouraging these changes.»
M. Fan Junhu
elecworks™ Project Manager on CSR Wind Power project and Technical Manager at Shanghai Mujiang Software, a leading provider of software and services in China and an elecworks reseller.
You have any question, a request for a quote or an evaluation version?
Téléchargez la brochure
Elecworks en .pdf
Cliquez ici pour assister
à une e-demo