Electrical calculation for mines
From drilling to transport and processing, the use of electrical systems that are safe and comply with current regulations is essential. In the mining industry there is a wide range of electrical systems which are used:
• Substations: It is where the installation connects to the distribution network to obtain the necessary energy.
• Power centers: It is where the high voltage energy is transformed into low voltage. Normally the input energy is in the range of 5 kilovolts – 25 kilovolts and the output usually ranges between 400-1000 volts.
• Switchgear is used to isolate and protect circuits in underground mines, surface mines and surface substations. These are efficient devices against the risks of electrocution.
• Motor control centers: They are used in mines to control drive motors for high-power equipment such as pumps and fans.
• Distribution boxes: They are used to adequately protect low power electric circuits that can supply one or more equipment.
• Capacitors: Through these devices it is possible to improve the power factor of distribution systems and reduce energy costs.
Trace Software International Solutions
Mining industry is complex for the range of electrical systems which are used. From drilling to transport and processing, elec calc™ guarantees top safety, continuous supply and enhanced energy efficiency. The possibility of connecting multi-sources of different powers and the possibility of simulating different locations within the same project with different type of environment are just some of the ultimate advantages of the software.