If I’ve created a model made in SolidWorks can I use it in elecworks™?
When I download a model from eCP how can I integrate it into my project?
Models are downloaded in a ZIP file type, in the zip is the SolidWorks format.
When you assemble an elecworks™ Project in SolidWorks you have the option to “Insert from a file”, using this option you can insert the model you downloaded. If you want to use the model more often you can simply save it into your elecworks™ library.
To do this you just need to associate the model to a manufacturer’s part number. By applying this manufacturer’s part to a project element the model will be used automatically.
I already have 3D models in a DXF, Inventor, PTC format…Can I use them, or bring them into elecworks™?
You can’t use them in their current format, but you do have the option to convert them into a STEP format, SolidWorks recognizes this file type so you can use your existing models. Even if you have files that can’t be converted to STEP, send them direct to Trace Software and they’ll convert them into anelecworks™ format for you.
Can I access TraceParts, (www.tracepartsonline.net) , to download files for my elecworks™ projects?
- Electrical design software for aeronautics
- Electrical design software for automotive
- Electrical design software for shipbuilding
- Electrical design software for railway
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical design for custom machines
- Electrical design software for panel builders
- P&ID design software for Oil & Gas
- P&ID design software for water treatment
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- P&ID and electrical design for the pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical schematic software
- Electrical CAD software
- 3D electrical design software
- Wire harness design software
- Piping diagrams software
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design software
- LV / MV electrical calculation software
- Photovoltaic PV software
- PV installations sizing software
- Outdoor lighting calculation software
- Electrical Content Portal