When we talk about Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) we are not just talking about technology. Rather, this term refers to a strategic approach concerning the management of information, processes, people and technologies involved in the design, production, validation, market launch, support, maintenance and possible dissolution of a product or service.
Engineering processes are really complex and the adoption of a PLM integrated software may be absolutely necessary to increase efficiency and quality, reducing costs and errors occurring.
The PLM therefore provides an integrated and essential framework for defining processes, organizing collaborative work methodologies, managing resources and information with multiple objectives. Amongst the most important:
- Time optimization (such as time to market), costs and quality
- Optimization of communication and interdisciplinary collaboration processes including suppliers, customers, partners, assistance / maintenance and other interested parties.
- Optimization of safety monitoring and component control information
- Optimization of the management of the Engineering Bills of Material, Manufacturing Bills of Material and various documents
- Automation of product data management
- Integration of data with other business processes such as corporate resource planning
The operating logic of the PLM is based on the shared access of information, resources and processes related to a product or service throughout its life cycle. This strategic and integrated approach allows to have a single and fundamental data archive also necessary to identify those areas or phases in which it is possible to boost innovation.
Already adopted by thousands of professionals around the world, elecworks™ is the electrical CAD software for automation projects and electrical installations. It has been designed to be an easy-to-use, intuitive and powerful tool of the latest generation, with features that offer innovative and unlimited benefits.
elecworks™ for PTC® Windchill® is a link that operates with PTC® and its Product Lifecycle Management tool Windchill® which will enable you to control data access, manage revision control and full documentation through new automated abilities.
The automatic integration between elecworks™ 2018 and PTC® Windchill® ensures the integrity of the design of the project thanks to the centralized management of all the development stages, while encouraging greater interaction among all the participants in the engineering project.
PTC® Windchill® is also a unique tool for Product Lifecycle Management ready for the IoT.
Want to know more?
Tracesoftware – Empowering electrical solutions.