Matelec Industry announces its next edition. The International Exhibition of the Industry Solutions and Smart Factory will celebrate the technological innovations of its 250 international exhibitors. Trace Software International, the leading player in passion for high-performance engineering electrical software solutions, confirms its participation in the event. Meet them from the 13th to the 16th of November at the Ifema – Feria de Madrid in Spain- Booth 4D02.
The event will focus on five major topics: Automatec (Automation of processes, industry, and energy), digital factory, control solutions and industrial energy management, industrial electronics, electrical and telecommunications systems.
Matelec Industry turns its gaze to the future and with the motto “Transforming connectivity in industrial productivity” it emphasizes the power of technology in revolutionizing business models and establishing innovative approaches. In this scenario, the interoperability, interactivity, automation, transparency of information and the security become imperative.
Trace Software International combines its technical and strategic knowledge in industrial engineering & its unique expertise in electrical engineering with the constant investments in innovation. The company provides last generation software solutions to the industry professionals.
Its Software Solutions:
– elec calc™ is the software for the sizing of electrical installations used by professionals in the industry. It guarantees maximum safety thanks to its powerful engine that updates, in real time, the calculations of the installation. It complies with the main International standards (C15-100, C13-100 standards, International IEC standard) and it allows the calculations of the arc flash figures. It is the only one software in the world which integrates the management of high and low voltage in the same project.
– elecworks™ 2019 is the electric CAD for the electrical installations and for the automation projects. It has intelligent functions (such as macros) that allow the automated creation of the electric project. With great customization possibilities, it provides professionals with an intuitive and user-friendly experience.
– elecworks™ for PTC Creo allows to easily integrate the elecworks™ wiring diagram into the PTC® Creo® project. elecworks™ for PTC® Creo® technology enables faster development of schematically defined electrical systems that can readily be implemented in the 3D CAD models. Real-time synchronization of the electrical schematics and 3D CAD models enable unification of the Bill of Materials (BOM) between the electrical system and the mechanical design, helping to eliminate errors resulting from design changes.
– elecworks ™ for PTC Windchill is the software that allows the integration of the electrical data into the PLM system. It covers the entire value chain offering a real competitive advantage. The integrated PLM software technology accelerates time-to-market, brings operational efficiency, productivity and increases innovation.
Get a free trial.
MATELEC has consolidated itself as the place where passion for construction converges. The event proposes a multidisciplinary perspective on the topic, which involves all the players in the whole value chain. Therefore, the main event includes also Construtec, BIMExpo, Archistone, Matelec Lighting, Veteco, and Matelec Industry, each of them dedicated to a specific industry segment. 80.000 visitors are expected to this next edition.
Trace Software International will also participate in BIMExpo, the event which focuses on BIM, the revolutionary digital process within the building industry. The company will showcase elec calc™ BIM together with his partner BIM&CO.
elec calc™ BIM is the world’s first calculation software that seamlessly integrates elec calc™, the electrical tool used in design projects, into an Open BIM process. elec calc™ BIM user will gain a direct access to all the information and data regarding the BIM objects in the open platform of BIM&CO. Finally, all the calculated data and added properties will be sent back to Revit, in addition to all the calculation notes and data regarding the one-line diagram.
Once again Trace Software International is ready to fly to Morocco to take part in Elec Expo – the reference fair for the electricity, lighting, electrical engineering and industrial automation sectors of Africa. From 24 to 27 October, the event will be held at the Casablanca International Fairgrounds.
Since 1987 Trace Software International has positioned itself as a global leader in the conception of avant-garde software solutions, with a unique specialization in the field of electricity, that is where the company’s core business resides.
Elec Expo is an unmissable event, as it represents the ideal opportunity to highlight the urgency of the African power issue. In fact, 600 million Africans still live in the dark, with a greater concentration in rural areas. Furthermore, the country is characterized by a low access rate and a lack of reliable facilities. Electricity consumption and economic development are closely linked, therefore promoting access to electricity is key to the development of Africa.
In addition, the fair is an excellent platform for promoting networking between African government, investors and local and international companies. The goal is to unite all the actors of the value chain in a unison effort in identifying the priorities of the country’s agenda and in the consequent proposition of efficient solutions.
Trace Software International, which has a head office in Morocco and a network of distributors in the rest of the African continent, will showcase the latest-generation software solutions able to meet the needs of the various segments of the industry. These software tools have helped engineering professionals to set up a new technological approach within their organizations, capable of guaranteeing concrete competitive advantages in terms of time, quality and performance.
Its software solutions:
- elec calc™ is a software package that allows the calculation in real time of electrical systems. This is the only one solution in the world that integrates the management of low and high voltage, in compliance with various international standards.
- elec calc™ BIM is the first calculation software that seamlessly integrates elec calc ™ – the tool used for sizing electrical installations – in the Open BIM process.
- elecworks™ is the electrical CAD software specifically conceived for the design of automation projects and electrical installations.
- archelios™ suite is the solution allowing the entire management any photovoltaic project. From the feasibility study up to the complete generation of the calculation notes and the documentation necessary for the realization.
Get a free trial.
The stakes are enormous. Indeed, the fulfillment of the economic and social promises of the region and of Africa, in general, depends on the ability of the government and companies to develop the continent’s enormous electric capacity. Therefore, decisive actions to promote access to electricity are urgently needed. Take advantage of Elec Expo, which has involved 7.632 visitors and 196 exhibitors in its latest edition, to analyze the African energy sector from a privileged perspective. Trace Software International awaits you at the booth J22.
Solar energy offers a clean, climate-friendly energy resource that is abundant and inexhaustible for humanity. Solar energy is the energy associated with solar radiation and it is the primary source of energy on Earth. Solar energy is what reaches the Earth in the form of electromagnetic radiation from the Sun, where it is generated by a process of natural nuclear fusion that can reach 15 million degrees centigrade.
The sun has produced energy for billions of years. This energy travels to the earth in the form of rays. The sun’s rays transmit two main forms of energy:
– light energy, in the form of photons, which can be converted into electrical energy using certain materials that release electrons in a natural way when exposed to light. This phenomenon, known as “photovoltaic effect”, is the basis of all solar energy systems.
– thermal energy, or heat, which we have always used to heat our homes and greenhouses, for example.
How does the transformation of solar energy into photovoltaic energy happen?
The term photovoltaic derives from the “phos“, which means light and “Volt” from the name of the Italian scientist Alessandro Volta, inventor of the pile. The sun is a form of clean and renewable energy, which is converted into electricity without any combustion process.
Solar panels are predominantly made of materials that are known to have the property of naturally converting sunlight into electrical energy.
These materials are known as semiconductors. The production of electricity using the sun is obtained thanks to the reverse photoelectric effect of the junction, which manifests itself in the semiconductor.
When sunlight hits these semiconductors, they release free electrons to move, which are channeled through the device and produce an electric current.
Why then install a photovoltaic solar system?
The decision to self-produce clean electricity through solar irradiation has over time become an option not only convenient and responsible, but increasingly economical and intelligent.
The photovoltaic installations, in fact, concurrently allow the cutting of energy costs, energy self-sufficiency and a lower impact of the variations linked to the individual tariffs of energy distributors. The convenience of a photovoltaic solar system depends, in any case, on several factors including geographic positioning, compatibility with local conditions such as local temperature and inclination of photovoltaic modules or incentives policies.
Installing a photovoltaic solar system today can represent a way to avoid the insecurity of the fluctuations in energy prices. The primary energy source, the sun, has no supply costs and is available to an almost infinite extent.
With a 30% rate of growth expected in Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, and France, the PV market in Europe is blooming. The causes are not to be found in incentive policies but rather in lowering costs and technological innovations.
The archelios™ suite is the Trace Software International software solution to conceive the entire photovoltaic installation. This cutting-edge software provides solar professionals with innovative and powerful features to improve the performance of their photovoltaic project as it permits to work on common data and at the utmost accuracy. From feasibility study, 3D simulation, electrical sizing to PV monitoring, this is a comprehensive software solution.
The access to energy is a strategic priority in all regions of the world. Without energy, countries cannot power their economies.
Unfortunately, the current situation is not very positive. In fact, about 1.2 billion people in the world still experience energy poverty with an 80% concentration in rural areas. The lack of access to reliable forms of energy is an obstacle to achieving the Millennium Development Goals. and therefore a brake on harmonious human and economic development.
What is the current situation in Africa?
Unfortunately, some regions of the country, especially sub-Saharan areas, are struggling to access to reliable energy and experience at least 20 hours of power outages a month as stated by the World Bank Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer Sri Mulyani Indrawati at the International Student Energy Summit in Bali, Indonesia, on June 10, 2015.
What hinders sub-Saharan Africa from a full access to reliable energy? There are many critical factors which are holding Africa back. Inadequate infrastructure remains a major obstacle towards Africa achieving its full economic growth potential, followed by the lack appropriate and comprehensive institutional framework. Limited financing also hampers the development of many regions. The projects in the renewable energy sector require massive investments, whose value varies between $ 33.4 billion to $ 63 billion. The situation in Africa is different and in the last 10 years, the average annual spending has not exceeded $ 12 billion. Outdated business model is another aspect to take into account together with the high cost of renewable energy technology.
However, the situation in North Africa appears much more promising and dynamic. Large investments in renewable energy projects have been able to mobilize the sector in Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, and Egypt. Solar energy is, in fact, an obvious solution for the 600 million Africans living without electricity.
Solar energy is a great emerging opportunity, with a high potential and great ability to create new business opportunities. Amongst the most auspicious projects, it is possible to consider the huge solar park in the Sahara which could soon export electricity to Europe if the Tunisian government approves the energy company’s request to build it. The 4.5GW mega-project designed by TuNur would lead electricity to Malta, Italy, and France using submarine cables.
It is also expected to complete the construction of Noor Ouarzazate in Morocco – the largest solar plant in the world by the end of this year and for a total cost of $9 billion.
In this scenario, a key role is played by alliances between public bodies and private actors (Public-Private Partnerships). Private organizations can apply their expertise and experience to deliver efficient and cost-effective infrastructure and services. But from the other side transparent and quick political decisions are crucial for the correct management and implementation of a PPP.
Mustapha Bakkoury, chairman of the board of Morocco’s Solar Energy Agency, affirms that “believing that is feasible is not enough”, underlining the attitude of skepticism that still characterizes some governments in some African countries.
Where does Trace Software stand? Exciting initiatives have been made in the renewable energy sector. Stay tuned for the latest updates.
Want to know more?
Tracesoftware – Empowering electrical solutions.
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- Electrical calculation software for electrical installations
- Electrical calculation for Solar industry
- Electrical calculation software for Street lighting
- Electrical calculation software for engineering