When 2 (or more) terminals, which belong to the same terminal strip, are connected to the same equipotential, a graphic indication showing this status in the terminal strip drawings is shown.
In elecworks™ 2018 “Automatic bridge” is an option in the terminal strip, which can be managed from the terminal strip manager.
This option allows drawing an automatic bridge between the terminal blocks which are belonging to the same terminal strip and connecting to the same equipotential.
They will also be bridged if the terminals have the same equipotential mark, even if the terminals are not connected.
How does this tip help?
This option helps saving time during the project design process as bridges in the terminal strip drawings are always updated according to the schematics drawings.
Trace Software International, with a unique passion for the design of high-performance software solutions for electrical engineering since 1987, announces that elecworks™ 2019 will be available on the market from October.
The management of electrical projects can be time-consuming. Low levels of customization, long design time, tedious interface, inconsistent documentation, and poor details can be critical factors for any professional in the industry. In this latest version, the professional CAD software for electrical installations and automation projects offers new features aimed at empowering the user experience even further.
More interactivity, smarter automated features, greater efficiency of use, an even more intuitive design, and higher levels of customization sum up to the existing features, making elecworks™ 2019 a professional software tool that delivers the highest performance.
elecworks™ 2019, therefore, improves the way in which the user can create and modify wiring diagrams, electrical cabinets, components, control systems, and documentation, by simplifying processes without sacrificing quality and precision.
Amongst the most important latest features and improvements:
- The newest icons of elecworks™ guarantee an even better interactivity. A new interface, compatible with the 4k resolution, has been installed.
- The new hyperlinks allow the user to navigate the different parts of the project in an easy and practical way, straight from the report in both format CAD or PDF.
- New component view. Now the components can be displayed according to their actual situation, regardless of the situation of the higher-level element.
- Newest views added to the databases, which avoids creating complex relationships between tables for new reports, and easy customization of existing ones.
Accuracy of details
- Save time thanks to the addition of new options for ordering data listing. It is possible to display up/down sorting.
- A new library of cable terminations is now available within elecworks™. In addition, these terminations are selectable from the components, allowing to make a list of the number of the terminations used throughout the project.
Design faster and smarter
- Now it is possible to insert the project macros from the XLS Automation command, reducing the number of macros needed for the automation projects.
- Also, it is possible to insert macros directly from the menu. This new command allows saving space on the screen, hiding the macros palette and improving ergonomics since there is no need to change PC screen.
Higher levels of personalization
- Now you can customize what information to show in the connection points of the black boxes, parameterizing the values according to the templates and clients.
- Dynamic connectors can be customized from the shape, break, and position of the connection poles, giving the user more flexibility to create connectors according to needs.
- Electrical assemblies in the project. The super references are now named Electrical Assembly. In addition, they can be now stored in the project, allowing listings of materials grouped by assemblies or equipment.
- elecworks™ for PTC can be integrated with Creo 5.0
It is easy to get started. You can now learn more about this unique software solution and download a free trial version.
Customers with an active subscription will be able to download this new version directly from the software. Purchase options include flexible subscription terms to fit your needs and personalized training and customer support.
Tracesoftware – Empowering electrical solutions.
In its next edition, the Colombian Chamber of Construction (Camacol) will try to overcome what has been achieved in the previous years of ExpoCAMACOL, its biennial exhibition.
Trace Software International, the leading company in the design of electrical engineering solutions since 1987, confirms its assistance in the event. ExpoCAMACOL will take place from August 22nd to 25th in Medellín, Colombia, at the Plaza Mayor Exhibition and Convention Center.
Every two years, the largest trade show for the construction industry in Latin America, brings together the entrepreneurs and the professionals to strengthen relationships, do business, exchange opinions and create synergies. ExpoCAMACOL is a gateway to opportunities. The figures of the last edition were in fact very positive: 450 exhibitors from 21 countries and 58,506 international visitors during the four days of the event. This year, the fair is expected to generate 250 M of US dollars in terms of business value.
Trace Software International will showcase two state-of-the-art software solutions for the construction industry. These tools ensure an important enhancement of the performance in terms of time, quality and productivity.
elec calc™ BIM
It is the first software in the world that perfectly integrates the electrical calculation in the BIM process. With elec calc™ BIM, the user can design, calculate and size the electrical installation in the digital model in IFC 4 format, generated by any 3D architecture software (Revit, ArchiCAD, SketchUp …).
For REVIT users, the elec calc™ BIM plug-in optimizes collaboration between the two programs. The compatibility with the electrical objects available on the BIM&CO platform is also an important resource for integrating and calculating the products of the manufacturers.
“With the arrival of BIM, we have for the first time in almost thirty years, an exceptional opportunity to make a profound change in the way we conceive our electrical design software.” With elec calc™ BIM, the user has at his disposal a digital model, capable of simulating most of the installation parameters. This means saving hundreds of hours of work and obtaining a more rigorous design and an immense economic advantage “, says Etienne Mullie, Trace Software International R&D Manager.
The future of solar power looks increasingly bright. The archelios™ suite is the cutting-edge photovoltaic software solution to manage the entirety of a photovoltaic project. It is the unique tool in the market which allows the solar professionals to increase the performance of the project with the utmost precision. From the feasibility study, bankability, 3D design, to the compliance and calculation notes, right up to the operation and maintenance management, archelios™ suite sharpen your competitive position in the booming market of photovoltaics.
The President of ExpoCAMACOL, Sandra Forero Ramírez, affirms that last year the Colombian construction industry experienced a slow recovery. She is also optimistic about the future: “We hope to start the year with the construction of 150,000 housing units, which means an approximate increase of 4.6%“.
The company will also hold two different conferences. “PV solar panel installation” will take place at the Comisiones 1 area on the 23rd of August at 3:00 PM. The second conference “elec calc™ BIM- the software that integrates the electrical project into the BIM process” will happen on the 24th of August at 3:00 P.M in the same place,
Trace Software experts will be happy to welcome you to the booth 4 PS of the ExpoCamacol during the four days of the event.
Alternatively, it is possible to request a free trial of the software solutions.
elecworks™ is an electrical CAD software for the design of automation projects and electrical installations. Since 1987 Trace Software International has been a global leader in the development of software solutions (CAD & CAE) and consultancy services for the industrial engineering, with unique expertise in the design of electrical installations.
Why electrical professionals choose elecworks™?
- elecworks™ is easy to use and intuitive. This software adopts the standard of Windows, including a multi-level UNDO/REDO button for all the features. Also, in the boards of commands, assistance and controls parameter are available. You can save time, avoid the hassle and focus on the electrical design.
- Many are the features that make elecworks™ a smart design tool, with an overall unmatched automation level. You can generate electrical schemes through an excel file or use a macro. Macros enable creating a set of functions or types of processes which are reusable. Save design time and increase your productivity thanks to this project standardization functions which also avoid error occurrence.
- The innovative wiring diagram is a unique feature of elecworks™. This application allows describing the installation through the logical diagram representing the different equipment and the links between them. The description via the synoptic allows to quickly define the equipment and cables and can also be used as a cost estimation tool for a project.
- Real time multi-users platform dramatically improves the time- to -market, as it allows to work simultaneously while all changes and their derived automation are visible in real time by all members of teams.
- Trace Software International’ Electrical Content Portal is directly accessible through elecworks™ software. Linked to a world-leading digital engineering 3D content company – Trace Parts, it represents the worldwide renown leading platform with the most comprehensive database of manufacturers certified data.
- The consistency of data is guaranteed throughout the electrical project thanks to the digital model of the installation, which is basically a database that contains all the information of the installation, from the symbols and links to the complete description of the components and cables. This information is available in real time and for all the users.
- Quality documentation in multiple languages. During the electrical design process, elecworks™ alerts the user whether an error is detected, to avoid unexpected expenses. The performance of your project is enhanced, and the accuracy of the design empowered to provide a project as close as possible to the production conditions. This electrical CAD software is available in 14 languages.
- The integration with 3D CAD platform (PTC CREO), ERP and PLM (PTC Windchill) software make elecworks™ a comprehensive software solution for industry professional who is looking to improve their strategic positioning in the market.
- elecworks™ adapts to your own workflow. Plan your own electrical design project. You can start at any stage of the project, decide who is going to collaborate and where to allocate your resources. elecworks™ is a functional and flexible software which enhance the engineering project by helping avoiding bottleneck in the process.
- Personalization. You can create customizable documentation as the BOM, thanks to elecworks™ SQL database engine. Add queries, filter, customize your documentation, select the information you need, and create templates in with just a few steps.
It is easy to get started. You can ask for a trial version HERE.
Electrical CAD has been used in certain industries for many years. Some industries have always required it for their precision designs of products. However, there is a common challenge affecting many companies’ ability to compete effectively within their industries today, that is using the wrong electrical CAD software.
Characteristics of an effective electrical CAD tool
Nowadays nothing works in isolation, this being true in our increasingly connected world. It’s no surprise that, in an engineering environment, one of the ways the effectiveness of an electrical CAD tool is measured by the extent it can interact with other processes and systems. For example, when you use a sophisticated electrical CAD tool, but find you cannot integrate this information to other parts of your product development process, this limits the effectiveness of the system and the ability to meet deadlines.
Determine your requirements
The first step is to consider your current situation. Do you already have an electrical CAD software that is outdated or underperforming? Or are you a startup business looking to invest in such a tool for the first time? The answer to this question will determine how you start your search.
If your current CAD application needs to be replaced, ask yourself the following questions:
- Which areas of the software, specifically, are resulting in a slow pace of work?
- Is the current system awkward and expensive when it comes to running on multiple computers?
- Is the current system too big a cost?
- What prompted your decision to reinvest in new CAD software?
- Do the providers of your current software offer reliable support?
If you’re new to the business, here’s what you should be asking yourself:
- Do you want to be productive in a short period of time?
- Do you have a budget specifically for electrical CAD software or are funds tight?
- Do you have one or more people that will need to access the CAD software?
- What computer hardware do you have to hand?
- Are you going to be designing products that have both electrical and mechanical components?
By taking advantage of the many capabilities of elecworks™ electrical CAD offers, more industries are finding ways of using our solutions as part of their product design processes. By doing so they are getting ahead of their competitors as well as making their own processes more efficient and less time constrained.
elecworks™ – our world renown electrical CAD/CAE software – has been specially designed for electrical and automation projects no matter what the size. Our electrical CAD software comes with many additional modules that can be further used to integrate the process design with other software and departments within companies.
Using our software reduces costly errors in the design process with quick selection of manufacturers’ references. By using simulation and measurement capabilities to calculate the amount of material used in a product before it is constructed – keeps costs down.
elecworks™ allows you to use different kind of workflows according your engineering needs and further allows the ability for multiple users to concurrently access the same project. This feature ensures more efficiency during the working cycle thus reducing runtimes.
Our solutions are flexible, innovative and precise that enable faster project development while applying highest quality standards.
Written by James Glass
Want to know more?
Tracesoftware – Empowering electrical solutions.
Trace Software International (TSI)- successful company with 30 years of experience in the development of software solutions for electrical engineering and with a unique expertise in the design of electrical installations- is glad to announce its strategic alliance with CIRCUTOR.
CIRCUTOR is a leading and well-established company with over 40 years of experience and solutions in more than 100 countries. With six productions centers, their efforts are constantly dedicated to the design and manufacture of equipment to improve energy efficiency: equipment for measurement and control of electrical energy and quality of supply, industrial electrical protection, reactive compensation and harmonic filtering, intelligent recharging of electric vehicles and renewable energy.
CIRCUTOR has strategically chosen Trace Software International. In fact, its components are already available and seamlessly integrated within Trace Software International Electrical Content Portal. Based on web technology, it represents the worldwide renown leading platform for manufacturers certified data.
“We are very happy of having Circutor Catalogue in our Electrical Content Portal. Collaborating with such a global player undoubtedly confirm our leading position in the market. Thanks to our solid experience and know-how, we count with the most comprehensive database of the most important manufacturers in the market. They trust us, they want their digital components to be in the Trace Software International Electrical Content Portal. The benefits are massive and mutual.” said Pedro Puig – CEO of Trace Software International.
The Electrical Content Portal (ECP) not only takes advantage of a large volume of reliable and certified digital contents that can be used immediately in the development of any electrical project, guaranteeing in this way the precision of the bill of materials (BOM) – amongst other benefits.
Also, counting with the most comprehensive database of the most important manufacturers in the market, consistently reinforces partners notoriety accordingly to the leading position Trace Software International has gained in the market during its 30 years of experience.
Additionally, the platform provides with an unparalleled network of members seeking for certified, standardized and homologated information for their projects.
In fact, the reliability and the immediate availability of accurate and exhaustive digital contents is key for any technical design professional aiming to guarantee the quality and integrity of the electrical projects.
The Electrical Content Portal is linked to a world-leading digital engineering 3D content company – TRACE PARTS, that counts with more than 3 million users worldwide.
Based on the latest web technologies, the Electrical Content Portal (ECP) is a portal of accessible content online or directly through elecworks™ software, aimed at users with a subscription.
BIM is becoming a global language for the infrastructure and construction sector, enabling greater collaboration and movement of capabilities across borders. Trace Software International is at the forefront of integrating its electrical calculation with BIM. With our exciting partnership our of software elec calc™ and BIM & CO – produces a powerful combined software for BIM.
The Building Information Modelling (BIM) has been a growing, valuable tool in the hands of anyone who works in the building industry. That is why our elec calc™ BIM solution meets the changing demands within the construction industry. This a module that integrates calculation software in BIM with the following iterative processes: Facilitating the flow between a 3D model and the electrical sizing and calculation that all meet the IFC format standards.
What is BIM?
Based on this information, the full life-cycle of a building, from initial conception to project completion, can be managed effectively. In that sense, it’s an indispensable part of the decision-making process.
BIM refers to a collaborative method of working which is based on the generation and exchange of data between various project parties on the same project. In our elec calc™ BIM solution it features the ability within installation, to build the one-line diagram from the explorer and also build the one-line diagram from the 3D mock-up.
It provides a powerful way to access the BIM objects and stay current with this growing trend in construction design.
Architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC), for a long time these industries have sought out to increase productivity and quality, while at the same time decrease costs as well as project delivery time, hence using BIM gives the best potential in reaching these goals.
BIM simulates the construction project in a virtual environment. Just as in our elec calc™ BIM solution allows you to create a one-line diagram of electrical an installation from the BIM model and define the cable routing (calculating lengths, adding cables as objects).
The key benefit of a BIM is its accurate geometrical representation of the parts of a building, in an integrated data environment. Some great features of elec calc™ BIM include IFC Explorer, your electrical objects are recognized from IFC data and interactions between Explorer, 3D Viewer and elec calc™ one-line diagram, identifying components in real time between your 3D Viewer and the one-line diagram.
The BIM Maturity Model
The BIM maturity model describes levels of maturity with regards to the ability of the construction supply chain to operate and exchange information.
The BIM model levels are applied to the entirety of the project scenario however a company may claim to operate at Level 2 but, can only operate at Level 1 which is very normal as companies or organisation mature on different timescales.
There are different levels of shared collaboration in a construction project. Those are known as BIM maturity levels. As we proceed through the levels, the collaboration between the various sides is increasing. At the time being, there are four distinct BIM maturity levels.
· BIM Level 0 (Low Collaboration)
It’s the simplest step of the information generating process. It doesn’t practically involve any level of cooperation. Level 0 is essentially the use of computer aided design (or CAD tools) to create drawings and drawn elements using IT software.
· BIM Level 1 (Partial Collaboration)
Within Level 1, we progress from CAD to generate suites of 2D information, followed by non-federated 3D models.
· BIM Level 2 (Full Collaboration)
The focus of interest on this level is the way in which the information is shared across the various project members.
· BIM Level 3 (Full Integration)
BIM Level 3 is the goal for the construction industry. Its main point is the attainment of full integration (iBIM) of the information in a cloud-based environment.
The maturity model is also used to define the supporting infrastructure required at each level of capability.
A common misconception around BIM relates with its dimensions. The dimensions are different than the BIM maturity levels. BIM dimensions are inextricably connected to the type of data that can become available through the process. They can be found both in BIM Level 2 and Level 3.
There are four types of BIM dimensions:
3D: It refers to 3D generated drawings.
4D: It is linked to time management.
5D: It concerns data that relates with the cost of the project.
6D: It’s a dimension dedicated to the life cycle management of a building.
What can BIM working do, that conventional working can’t?
elec calc™ BIM allows information to be shared by different participants along the different stages of design, construction and operation. From the aspect of cable routing you have the ability for the calculation of cable lengths, and of the added cables as objects in the layout.
Model checking could be described as the detailed process of examining a system model on if it is meeting certain criteria. It’s understandable that model checking has tremendous importance for BIM. Model checking is a central element in computer science and by extension in BIM. With elec calc™ BIM, 3D model updates are available, import a review of IFC and receive a notification of the changes in the installation one-line diagram – Export IFC and BCF.
There is no question that the concept of collaborative working has become more popular over the years and is now becoming the standard practice for many countries and companies.
Want to know more?
Tracesoftware – Empowering electrical solutions.
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- Electrical calculation software for electrical installations
- Electrical calculation for Solar industry
- Electrical calculation software for Street lighting
- Electrical calculation software for engineering