When 2 (or more) terminals, which belong to the same terminal strip, are connected to the same equipotential, a graphic indication showing this status in the terminal strip drawings is shown.
In elecworks™ 2018 “Automatic bridge” is an option in the terminal strip, which can be managed from the terminal strip manager.
This option allows drawing an automatic bridge between the terminal blocks which are belonging to the same terminal strip and connecting to the same equipotential.
They will also be bridged if the terminals have the same equipotential mark, even if the terminals are not connected.
How does this tip help?
This option helps saving time during the project design process as bridges in the terminal strip drawings are always updated according to the schematics drawings.
Trace Software International announces that the elec calc™ Arc Flash module has been just released. The company possesses a unique passion for the design of high-performance software solutions for electrical engineering since 1987.
What is an Arc Flash?
According to the NFPA 70E (the relevant standard from the National Fire Protection Association), Arc Flash is a “dangerous condition associated with the release of energy caused by an electrical arc.”
Arc flash typically occurs when the electrical insulation or isolation between live conductors is severed or can no longer withstand the applied voltage. Near the high power electrical equipment, the short-circuit power available is high and consequently so is the energy associated with the electrical arc in case of a fault.
In Europe, regulation and standardization are mainly aimed at protecting workers against the risks of direct contact during work and interventions on and near electrical installations. The risks in the case of electric arc and the means to prevent them are mentioned but not developed.
In some countries, particularly in North America, these risks are better taken into account for human, material and financial aspects, and regulations are much more stringent in this area.
The effects of the electric arc:
- The electric arc produces intense light and heat, high noise, high overpressure
- Heat and splashes of molten metal can cause lethal burns
- Noise can lead to permanent or temporary hearing loss, a flash of vision disorders
- The overpressure can open and project the doors of electrical cabinets or cause falls during work at height
In addition to personal injury, an arc flash can result in serious damage to electrical equipment. which can cause disruption to electrical systems in manufacturing and process industry environments or tertiary buildings. The cost of downtime can be considerable.
Risk assessment and arc flash analysis
There is no method of analysis and risk assessment by IEC or European standards. In contrast, the United States has the following documents:
- NFPA 70E (Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace) takes into account all electrical risks including those due to electric arcs recommends PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to be used depending on the level of risk
- IEEE 1584-2002 (Guide for Performing Arc-Flash Hazard Calculations) gives the methods to calculate the incident energy in case of electric arc and allows determining an arc flash protection boundary
elec calc™ Arc Flash module
Risk management and prevention have always been important aspects of the safety programs within the electrical industry. The correct assessment of the risk level of the arc flash can help reduce downtime and ensure a safer working environment.
The arc flash module provides the professionals of the electrical industry with a fundamental tool in the sector, as the user will be able to develop its safety analysis in the vicinity of switchboards and panels. By design, elec calc™ has almost all the data allowing the calculation of the figures of the arc flash, from which the user will be able to elaborate his security analysis near the tables and boxes.
From the operating modes described in a project, elec calc™ determines the maximum and minimum three-phase short-circuit currents that can occur on a distributor. It calculates the corresponding cut-off times of the concerned protective devices. Specific data of the equipment can be completed or modified by the user through a simple interface.
The following results are provided according to the calculation methods of the IEEE 1584-2002 guide (empirically derived model or method of Lee depending upon the characteristics of the installation):
- The maximum incident energy at the working distance
- The protection boundary for the boundary energy
- The glove class (PPE) to be used to prevent the risk of electric shock (IEC 60903 and ASTM D 120)
elec calc™ allows the edition of the labels to be affixed on the concerned equipment or the export of the corresponding results to make possible the customization of the labels. The format of the label is consistent with the recommendations of the document NFPA 70E (edition 2018).
In addition, elec calc™ monitors the evolutions of the installation and prevents the obsolescence of previously published labels.
Trace Software International commits itself to conceive software solutions capable of guaranteeing electrical safety and system protection. More than 30 years of experience in the industrial engineering sector has allowed us to guarantee the highest standards of quality and reliability, as well as the complement of local and international regulations in terms of safety.
Want to know more?
Trace Software International, with a unique passion for the design of high-performance software solutions for electrical engineering since 1987, announces that elecworks™ 2019 will be available on the market from October.
The management of electrical projects can be time-consuming. Low levels of customization, long design time, tedious interface, inconsistent documentation, and poor details can be critical factors for any professional in the industry. In this latest version, the professional CAD software for electrical installations and automation projects offers new features aimed at empowering the user experience even further.
More interactivity, smarter automated features, greater efficiency of use, an even more intuitive design, and higher levels of customization sum up to the existing features, making elecworks™ 2019 a professional software tool that delivers the highest performance.
elecworks™ 2019, therefore, improves the way in which the user can create and modify wiring diagrams, electrical cabinets, components, control systems, and documentation, by simplifying processes without sacrificing quality and precision.
Amongst the most important latest features and improvements:
- The newest icons of elecworks™ guarantee an even better interactivity. A new interface, compatible with the 4k resolution, has been installed.
- The new hyperlinks allow the user to navigate the different parts of the project in an easy and practical way, straight from the report in both format CAD or PDF.
- New component view. Now the components can be displayed according to their actual situation, regardless of the situation of the higher-level element.
- Newest views added to the databases, which avoids creating complex relationships between tables for new reports, and easy customization of existing ones.
Accuracy of details
- Save time thanks to the addition of new options for ordering data listing. It is possible to display up/down sorting.
- A new library of cable terminations is now available within elecworks™. In addition, these terminations are selectable from the components, allowing to make a list of the number of the terminations used throughout the project.
Design faster and smarter
- Now it is possible to insert the project macros from the XLS Automation command, reducing the number of macros needed for the automation projects.
- Also, it is possible to insert macros directly from the menu. This new command allows saving space on the screen, hiding the macros palette and improving ergonomics since there is no need to change PC screen.
Higher levels of personalization
- Now you can customize what information to show in the connection points of the black boxes, parameterizing the values according to the templates and clients.
- Dynamic connectors can be customized from the shape, break, and position of the connection poles, giving the user more flexibility to create connectors according to needs.
- Electrical assemblies in the project. The super references are now named Electrical Assembly. In addition, they can be now stored in the project, allowing listings of materials grouped by assemblies or equipment.
- elecworks™ for PTC can be integrated with Creo 5.0
It is easy to get started. You can now learn more about this unique software solution and download a free trial version.
Customers with an active subscription will be able to download this new version directly from the software. Purchase options include flexible subscription terms to fit your needs and personalized training and customer support.
Tracesoftware – Empowering electrical solutions.
More than 2,500 exhibitors and 160,000 visitors are expected today at the twentieth edition of CIIF, the leading event in the field of manufacturing in China. Trace Software International, with a unique passion in the design of software solutions for industrial engineering since 1987, confirms its participation in the event, which will be held from September 19 to 23 at the National Exhibition and Convention Center in Shanghai.
Since its launch in 1999, CIIF has become one of the most influential international trade fairs in China, a catalyst for local and international industry opportunities.
The manufacturing sector in China has enough resources, quality infrastructures, continuous and systematic support from the government in the field of technological research and a lively business environment. The event is made up of distinct themes, each of which corresponds to a distinct show: The New Material Industry, Aerospace and Aviation Technology, Scientific & Technological Innovation, Robotics, New Energy, Energy, Information & Communication Technology, Environmental Protection Technology & Equipment, Industrial Automation Show, Metalworking and CNC Machine Tool.
Trace Software International will take part in the Energy Show, the platform that focuses on the use of new green technologies to foster a more sustainable type of economy. At booth 4.1H-F142, the company will showcase software solutions that allow industry professionals to improve their competitive position in the market by boosting the performance of engineering projects.
elecworks™ is the electrical drawing software for automation projects and electrical installations. It provides all the features necessary for the best design process for power and control schemes, cross-references, PLCs, terminals, panels, reports, etc.
elecworks™ for PTC® Creo® ensures the seamless integration of the schematic electrical design from elecworks™ to the PTC® Creo® for a 3D design.
elec calc™ is the CAE software solution dedicated to the sizing of electrical installations, the only one in the world that allows the integration of high and low voltage management in the same project.
elec calc™ BIM is the first software in the world that seamlessly integrates the electrical calculation into the BIM process. With elec calc ™ BIM, the user can design, calculate and size the electrical installation in the digital model in IFC 4 format, generated by any 3D architecture software (Revit, ArchiCAD, SketchUp …).
archelios™ Pro is a software solution designed for professionals in the photovoltaic industry to design, modify and share projects of maximum precision, from the roof to the huge ground installation. It is an essential solution to manage any photovoltaic project entirely and for all types of photovoltaic installations.
Matelec Industry announces its next edition. The International Exhibition of the Industry Solutions and Smart Factory will celebrate the technological innovations of its 250 international exhibitors. Trace Software International, the leading player in passion for high-performance engineering electrical software solutions, confirms its participation in the event. Meet them from the 13th to the 16th of November at the Ifema – Feria de Madrid in Spain- Booth 4D02.
The event will focus on five major topics: Automatec (Automation of processes, industry, and energy), digital factory, control solutions and industrial energy management, industrial electronics, electrical and telecommunications systems.
Matelec Industry turns its gaze to the future and with the motto “Transforming connectivity in industrial productivity” it emphasizes the power of technology in revolutionizing business models and establishing innovative approaches. In this scenario, the interoperability, interactivity, automation, transparency of information and the security become imperative.
Trace Software International combines its technical and strategic knowledge in industrial engineering & its unique expertise in electrical engineering with the constant investments in innovation. The company provides last generation software solutions to the industry professionals.
Its Software Solutions:
– elec calc™ is the software for the sizing of electrical installations used by professionals in the industry. It guarantees maximum safety thanks to its powerful engine that updates, in real time, the calculations of the installation. It complies with the main International standards (C15-100, C13-100 standards, International IEC standard) and it allows the calculations of the arc flash figures. It is the only one software in the world which integrates the management of high and low voltage in the same project.
– elecworks™ 2019 is the electric CAD for the electrical installations and for the automation projects. It has intelligent functions (such as macros) that allow the automated creation of the electric project. With great customization possibilities, it provides professionals with an intuitive and user-friendly experience.
– elecworks™ for PTC Creo allows to easily integrate the elecworks™ wiring diagram into the PTC® Creo® project. elecworks™ for PTC® Creo® technology enables faster development of schematically defined electrical systems that can readily be implemented in the 3D CAD models. Real-time synchronization of the electrical schematics and 3D CAD models enable unification of the Bill of Materials (BOM) between the electrical system and the mechanical design, helping to eliminate errors resulting from design changes.
– elecworks ™ for PTC Windchill is the software that allows the integration of the electrical data into the PLM system. It covers the entire value chain offering a real competitive advantage. The integrated PLM software technology accelerates time-to-market, brings operational efficiency, productivity and increases innovation.
Get a free trial.
MATELEC has consolidated itself as the place where passion for construction converges. The event proposes a multidisciplinary perspective on the topic, which involves all the players in the whole value chain. Therefore, the main event includes also Construtec, BIMExpo, Archistone, Matelec Lighting, Veteco, and Matelec Industry, each of them dedicated to a specific industry segment. 80.000 visitors are expected to this next edition.
Trace Software International will also participate in BIMExpo, the event which focuses on BIM, the revolutionary digital process within the building industry. The company will showcase elec calc™ BIM together with his partner BIM&CO.
elec calc™ BIM is the world’s first calculation software that seamlessly integrates elec calc™, the electrical tool used in design projects, into an Open BIM process. elec calc™ BIM user will gain a direct access to all the information and data regarding the BIM objects in the open platform of BIM&CO. Finally, all the calculated data and added properties will be sent back to Revit, in addition to all the calculation notes and data regarding the one-line diagram.
Once again Trace Software International is ready to fly to Morocco to take part in Elec Expo – the reference fair for the electricity, lighting, electrical engineering and industrial automation sectors of Africa. From 24 to 27 October, the event will be held at the Casablanca International Fairgrounds.
Since 1987 Trace Software International has positioned itself as a global leader in the conception of avant-garde software solutions, with a unique specialization in the field of electricity, that is where the company’s core business resides.
Elec Expo is an unmissable event, as it represents the ideal opportunity to highlight the urgency of the African power issue. In fact, 600 million Africans still live in the dark, with a greater concentration in rural areas. Furthermore, the country is characterized by a low access rate and a lack of reliable facilities. Electricity consumption and economic development are closely linked, therefore promoting access to electricity is key to the development of Africa.
In addition, the fair is an excellent platform for promoting networking between African government, investors and local and international companies. The goal is to unite all the actors of the value chain in a unison effort in identifying the priorities of the country’s agenda and in the consequent proposition of efficient solutions.
Trace Software International, which has a head office in Morocco and a network of distributors in the rest of the African continent, will showcase the latest-generation software solutions able to meet the needs of the various segments of the industry. These software tools have helped engineering professionals to set up a new technological approach within their organizations, capable of guaranteeing concrete competitive advantages in terms of time, quality and performance.
Its software solutions:
- elec calc™ is a software package that allows the calculation in real time of electrical systems. This is the only one solution in the world that integrates the management of low and high voltage, in compliance with various international standards.
- elec calc™ BIM is the first calculation software that seamlessly integrates elec calc ™ – the tool used for sizing electrical installations – in the Open BIM process.
- elecworks™ is the electrical CAD software specifically conceived for the design of automation projects and electrical installations.
- archelios™ suite is the solution allowing the entire management any photovoltaic project. From the feasibility study up to the complete generation of the calculation notes and the documentation necessary for the realization.
Get a free trial.
The stakes are enormous. Indeed, the fulfillment of the economic and social promises of the region and of Africa, in general, depends on the ability of the government and companies to develop the continent’s enormous electric capacity. Therefore, decisive actions to promote access to electricity are urgently needed. Take advantage of Elec Expo, which has involved 7.632 visitors and 196 exhibitors in its latest edition, to analyze the African energy sector from a privileged perspective. Trace Software International awaits you at the booth J22.
In a few days, The Digital Chemistry Society also called the 2nd Black Technology Festival, will be celebrated in China, at the Shenzhen Huawei Base Zone J. The event is a catalyst that brings together all the companies of the high-tech sector professionally involved in the digital transformation of the world.
On the day of the exhibition, September 15th, more than 40 leading companies will present the innovative products and services which are shaping the future. The most important issues addressed will be those of intelligent cities, virtual reality devices, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, cloud services and the latest generation of software. Amongst the exhibitors, there are names such as Dassault, Huawei, and Accenture. Trace Software International, which has been supplying cutting-edge software solutions to engineering professionals since 1987, also confirms its participation in this unique experience.
In this journey through knowledge, learning, and sharing of the best practices solely devoted to the pursuit of innovation through technology, the company will present its compelling software solutions. Thanks to its most advanced technical-scientific knowledge and to the continuous investments in innovation, the software solutions of Trace Software International optimize the engineering processes in terms of quality, time and performance while ensuring a better overall planning of the procedures.
- elecworks™ is the new generation CAD software for the design of automation projects and electrical systems. It has been designed to be an easy-to-use, intuitive and powerful tool with innovative features that allow the customization of documentation and the exchange of information with other company departments. Try it here.
- elecworks™ for PTC® Creo® allows to easily integrate the elecworks™ wiring diagram into the PTC® Creo® design. Designers can place 3D views of all electrical parts in their model and make 3D cable, wire and harness connections between all electrical components. Try it here.
The Black Technology Festival creates a scenario that offers the talents an exceptional channel for the exposure of innovation and, to the expected 1000 visitors, an overwhelming space where it is possible to experience the technologies of a not so far future.
China is welcoming the PTC CREO 5.0 Tour and since May, Trace Software International, the global leader in software solutions for the industrial engineering, had the immense pleasure of participating as a guest speaker in six distinct events.
The company is a long-term partner of PTC, the worldwide giant in industrial innovation, and currently working closely with 15 PTC resellers just in China. Its technological solutions help companies to exploit the immense opportunities that have arisen in the convergence between the digital and physical world through the IoT, augmented reality, 3D printing, the digital twin, and the Industry 4.0 model. PTC produces technological solutions to design, produce and manage products for an intelligent and connected world.
The aim of the tour is to present the latest innovations of PTC CREO 5.0. The 3D CAD software comes with an even more interactive user interface, modeling enhancements for increased productivity and new capabilities in topology optimization, analysis (computational fluid dynamics), additive manufacturing, computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), augmented reality (AR), and multi-CAD.
During the events, they will also talk about mechatronic design and PTC Windchill solutions that allow efficient management of the entire product lifecycle.
Trace Software International, with more than 30 years of experience specializing in intelligent solutions for the electrical engineering, went on stage in front of a total of +400 attendees to talk about its two software for industry professionals.
- elecworks™ for PTC® Creo® enables to easily integrate the electrical schematic design from elecworks™ to the PTC® Creo® project. Designers can place 3D versions of all electrical parts into their model and run wires/cables/harnesses in 3D to connect all electrical equipment.
- elecworks™ for PTC® Windchill® allows managing all information, content, documentation, and processes.
Now more than ever engineering processes are complex, especially as information technology is reshaping the industry. Engineers are expected to create products efficiently and cost-effectively. Also, as the immediate access to data is key from the initial phase of digital design to monitoring in the physical world, the efficient management of the product lifecycle plays a critical role as a resource to create business value.
You can stand one step ahead of competitors. Request a demo now.
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- Electrical calculation software for electrical installations
- Electrical calculation for Solar industry
- Electrical calculation software for Street lighting
- Electrical calculation software for engineering