Welcome to this new section!
Here you can find, as a user of an elecworks™ solution, a place where our specialized technical team will publish what we call: Knowledge Pills.
What is a Knowledge pill? It is a little training on some specific topics about the use of elecworks, our solution for electrical design and electrical schematics.
You can download the pdf file with the explanation and a short video to show you, in a visual way, how to do it in elecworks™. Sample data will be also included if needed.
Enjoy learning elecworks™, the most intuitive software solution of the market!
#1: Adding DWG files to an existing elecworks™ electrical project
elecworks™ can manage existing DWG files. Thus, auxiliary data or old data can be handled from the same elecworks™ project.
This video shows how to import DWG files and how the block’s attributes can be edited. In addition, user will be able to use the CAD basic-tools as line, circle, etc. so it will be possible to do modifications of existing DWG files.
Note: elecworks™ can add all type of documents (xls, txt, pdf, …), just select them!
Download the pdf file: Adding DWG files to an existing elecworks™ electrical project
#2: New part from component
Parts in elecworks™ can be added, through the parts manager or through the component symbols already inserted in the schemes.
This knowledge pill shows how to create a part through the component, and add it to your project as well as to your parts catalog.
Pay particular attention to the option, which helps you, to save the part created to the parts catalog. You can see how to assign the new part to another similar black box symbol from the catalog.
Download the pdf file: New part from component
#3: Bill of materials by location
In order to comply with different standards, it is mandatory to follow some structural principles in a project.
With this knowledge pill we will show how to extract a bill of materials for each location. Each location, in elecworks, can be associated to a book and vice versa. This allows location specific reports such as a BOM per location.
Download the pdf file: Bill of materials by location
- Electrical design software for aeronautics
- Electrical design software for automotive
- Electrical design software for shipbuilding
- Electrical design software for railway
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical design for custom machines
- Electrical design software for panel builders
- P&ID design software for Oil & Gas
- P&ID design software for water treatment
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- P&ID and electrical design for the pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical schematic software
- Electrical CAD software
- 3D electrical design software
- Wire harness design software
- Piping diagrams software
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design software
- LV / MV electrical calculation software
- Photovoltaic PV software
- PV installations sizing software
- Outdoor lighting calculation software
- Electrical Content Portal