elec calc™ allows the calculation of cable cross-section (copper or aluminum) according to the environment, to the laying mode and to the users’ constraints.
The user defines the nature of the cable (mono or multiconductive) just as the different criteria of the laying environment (length, ambient temperature, laying mode, presence of other conductors close by, risky fire zone …). elec calc™ deduces automatically the coefficients to apply to the acceptable current.
The minimal section authorized on each of the conductors (neutral phase and protection conductor) is then determined according to the overload protection criteria and acceptable reduction in voltage.
In the automatic design, the user can decree dimensioning constraints on cables (maximal section to not overpass, use of a reduced neuter, …), elec calc™ will thus increase if necessary the number of conductors to use per phase.
elec calc™ makes the control of the thermal constraints, reductions in voltage and define the maximal authorized length by taking account of the magnetic protection.
It is possible to define a cable either in a detailed way, or by choosing a reference among the available catalogues, what does of elec calc™ the ideal tool for a cable cross-section calculation adapted to the user’s needs.
Want to know more?
- Electrical design software for aeronautics
- Electrical design software for automotive
- Electrical design software for shipbuilding
- Electrical design software for railway
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical design for custom machines
- Electrical design software for panel builders
- P&ID design software for Oil & Gas
- P&ID design software for water treatment
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- P&ID and electrical design for the pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical schematic software
- Electrical CAD software
- 3D electrical design software
- Wire harness design software
- Piping diagrams software
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design software
- LV / MV electrical calculation software
- Photovoltaic PV software
- PV installations sizing software
- Outdoor lighting calculation software
- Electrical Content Portal