Quick and direct elements insertion
The function of the palettes is to help the designer insert the different elements in the electrical schematics diagram. Adding an element is as simple as dragging and dropping the desired item to the drawing or make a double click on the item and place it in the scheme.
elecworks™ includes different intuitive palettes, which can be used in different contexts within a project.
Activation or deactivation can be done from the setup menu and can be placed in different areas of the workspace, adapting to the user’s needs, and providing a more efficient work environment.
Palettes available in elecworks™ are smart and dynamic, contextually displayed depending on the type of drawing/document user is working on.
- Schematic symbols palette: It includes the most common schematic symbols in the project, according to the standard or template you’re using, sorted into different customizable categories.
- Single line symbols palette: .It includes the most common single line symbols used in the single line diagram, also sorted into different customizable categories.
- Macros: It includes macros (circuits commonly used) sorted into different categories.
- Properties: It provides the generic properties of the selected item in the graphical area or in the documents browser, allowing the edition of the parameters.
Both single-line and schematic symbols palettes, as well as the macros are customizable in the content and the grouping.
Grouping and sorting is made easy: create as many groups as necessary, and group the different symbols and macros as desired in each group, simply dragging and dropping the selected items. The edition of different categories offers the possibility to modify, add or delete any content and can be made from the same palette or from the corresponding library. In addition, with the search filter included in each palette, you can access the different contents through a simple coding by the user, saving time in searching and allowing easy editing or extension of projects.
From the 2016 version, palettes can be used as a template project, considering different standards or types of projects, allowing work on a modular design and improving standardization projects.
Discover more features
Electrical design features
- The wiring diagram for a pre-study view
- Intelligent copy/paste
- Macros to re-use in electrical schematics or cabinets
- Multi-line schematic drawing
- Flexible components management by location and function
- Management and automatic terminal strips creation
- PLC schematic diagrams
- 2D cabinet layout and control panel design
- Customizable and automatic reports generation
- Design rules analysis
- Properties table (connection labels)
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design
- Electrical schematic symbol library
- Electrical design software for aeronautics
- Electrical design software for automotive
- Electrical design software for shipbuilding
- Electrical design software for railway
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical design for custom machines
- Electrical design software for panel builders
- P&ID design software for Oil & Gas
- P&ID design software for water treatment
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- P&ID and electrical design for the pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical schematic software
- Electrical CAD software
- 3D electrical design software
- PLM system integration software
- Wire harness design software
- Piping diagrams software
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design software
- LV / MV electrical calculation software
- Electrical installations calculation within BIM
- Photovoltaic PV software
- PV installations sizing software
- Electrical Content Portal