The multiline schematic drawing constitutes the most precise and detailed part of an electrical schematic project.
In this section of elecworks™, users can produce multiline schematic drawings, or manage wiring characteristics of equipment connection points. elecworks™ is a complete electrical schematic drawing software where many features and automated tasks can help the designer.
With elecworks™, each electrical item has a « real » electrical behavior and is not just a graphic entity – you do not need to manually ensure electrical coherence.
Setup: lines are electrical links and the user can define as many as needed (power, 24V command, etc.). elecworks™ allows you to create and to manage various types of line styles. These lines are grouped by Numbering group. This means that during the numbering of threads, all grouped links share the same meter. This technique allows you to treat all types of businesses.
More than 50 parameters are accessible in the connection style manager to manage and use the connections (graphic: color, line type, isolation diameter, core diameter, wire curvature radius, cable and electrical references: number of conductors, voltage, frequency, etc.).
Some of these parameters can be accessed and changed directly from the contextual menu on the line, the wire or the cable.
Wire numbering: : elecworks™ offers 4 numbering modes that allow to modify or keep the automatic default numbering of wires. Each type of link has its own numbering formula, defined with its own parameters.
The numbers are attributed according to a choice of 6 levels of uniqueness (project, cabinet, file, folder, drawing, wire).
All wire marking modes are possible depending on the configuration. elecworks™ offers:
- Automatic numbering
- Manual or automatic re-numbering
- Re-numbering only on new wires (without changing the existing numbering)
- Re-calculation of wire numbers
Scheme modification: During editing operations, the links are systematically reconstituted or updated in order to maintain electrical coherence to the result. The equipotentials are propagated, modified or deleted according to the changes in real time.
Cuts: Inserted objects adapt to the type of link, and incompatibilities and/or prohibitions are flagged to the user. The orientation and the scale adapt automatically to the electrical context (type of link, direction of the lines), and the symbol takes on the electrical features of the connection on which it is inserted.
Short-circuit: Short-circuits are automatically detected during the design of one link connecting two equipotentials.
Cross-reference: As software dedicated to electrical schematic drawing, elecworks™ manages inter/intra-drawing cross-references and the propagation of cross-references.
When there are several cabling possibilities between equipment for a given scheme, elecworks™ allows cabling order management for all complex meshes.
Cabling order can be produced both automatically and manually. The result is used to display the leads in the terminal strips and in the list of equipotentials.
Real-time: Cross references are produced and maintained up to date in real time between the master and slave components, whether the drawings are opened by another user or are shut.
Cross reference footprints: these are generated and automatically updated under the master components and thus allows locating the different components.
Codification: If a manufacturer reference is already associated with a mark, a set of colors in the footprint allows for visualization of any reserves, and the affected components and inconsistencies with regard to the selection of the equipment carried out.
Setting: The footprint graphic symbol, their color and position can be completely configured and make elecworks™ an electrical schematic drawing software that can easily be personalized
Discover more features
Electrical design features
- The wiring diagram for a pre-study view
- Intelligent copy/paste
- Macros to re-use in electrical schematics or cabinets
- Multi-line schematic drawing
- Flexible components management by location and function
- Management and automatic terminal strips creation
- PLC schematic diagrams
- 2D cabinet layout and control panel design
- Customizable and automatic reports generation
- Design rules analysis
- Properties table (connection labels)
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design
- Electrical schematic symbol library
- Electrical design software for aeronautics
- Electrical design software for automotive
- Electrical design software for shipbuilding
- Electrical design software for railway
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical design for custom machines
- Electrical design software for panel builders
- P&ID design software for Oil & Gas
- P&ID design software for water treatment
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- P&ID and electrical design for the pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical schematic software
- Electrical CAD software
- 3D electrical design software
- Wire harness design software
- Piping diagrams software
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design software
- LV / MV electrical calculation software
- Photovoltaic PV software
- PV installations sizing software
- Outdoor lighting calculation software
- Electrical Content Portal