elecworks™ software includes an intelligent copy and paste command to quickly replicate parts of the designed electrical schematics.
Reusing the electrical drawings and creating templates are essential points for the capitalization of know-how.
Copy/Paste: ease in managing elements
There are 2 uses of the “copy/paste” command in elecworks™:
- Classic copy/paste
elecworks™ uses Windows standards: Ctrl C/Ctrl V/Ctrl X.
With the copy/paste command, user can copy parts of the schematic and directly insert them in the same drawing, in another drawing, in the same project or in another project.
In the same way, one or more drawings or a complete folder can be copied, within the same project, but also from one project to another.
This function can also be used to copy drawings of one cabinet in a project to another or within the same project. The location marks, the functions, symbols, terminal strips, terminals, cables, are automatically generated according to the existing marks.
- Paste special detailed
Paste Special allows an access to paste options in order to redefine some properties (location, function, bookmark, wire number …). This feature allows to keep or change the marks, including manual marks on each of the project objects.
Paste special facilitates the insertion of an item or group of items in the project, associating them to existing ones or creating new items.
Their agile use facilitates cross-reference assignment between, for example, power and control circuits. Among the mapping options in the detailed paste we find the association of components to locations, functions or even the wire styles, which will be included in the new entities, improving the methodology and project development in a controlled and secure way.
Discover more features
Electrical design features
- The wiring diagram for a pre-study view
- Intelligent copy/paste
- Macros to re-use in electrical schematics or cabinets
- Multi-line schematic drawing
- Flexible components management by location and function
- Management and automatic terminal strips creation
- PLC schematic diagrams
- 2D cabinet layout and control panel design
- Customizable and automatic reports generation
- Design rules analysis
- Properties table (connection labels)
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design
- Electrical schematic symbol library
- Electrical design software for aeronautics
- Electrical design software for automotive
- Electrical design software for shipbuilding
- Electrical design software for railway
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical design for custom machines
- Electrical design software for panel builders
- P&ID design software for Oil & Gas
- P&ID design software for water treatment
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- P&ID and electrical design for the pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical schematic software
- Electrical CAD software
- 3D electrical design software
- Wire harness design software
- Piping diagrams software
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design software
- LV / MV electrical calculation software
- Photovoltaic PV software
- PV installations sizing software
- Outdoor lighting calculation software
- Electrical Content Portal