Export of bill of materials to the Excel format
With elecworks™, it is easy to export data to the XLS, CSV, TXT, XML formats.
These export features make elecworks™ compatible with other internal systems to exchange information. Thus, the Excel export button of elecworks™ allows the export to the XLS format of all reports (bill of materials, labels reports, cabling reports) in order to exploit them in another system (labelling machine, cost estimate system or equipment orders, etc.).
It is also possible to import pre-defined equipment reports coming from internal systems to the company for their use through elecworks™.
Modify your project data directly from Excel
Users can import pre-defined equipment lists coming from internal systems to the company for their use through elecworks™.
Export to Excel / Import from Excel
Any property of an element can be accessed and edited from the different menus and dialogs. It can even be consulted directly from the SQL database. However, for some clients it may be more advantageous to access this information from an external spreadsheet.
With elecworks™ you can save all project information in XLS files: locations, functions, components, terminals, inputs and outputs of a PLC … Modify the fields you need in Excel, saves changes and import the file to elecworks™ to upgrade the project.
You will gain a lot of time with this tool. Take advantage of your skills in spreadsheets to quickly make multiple changes: search and replace, filter, copy and paste…
Also use XLS files as input of a third-party program. For example, you can export the addresses of a PLC for configuration or generate a list of brands of cables for a label machine. And if you already have this information from a previous job in an XLS file, import it to elecworks™ and upgrade your new project.
XLS files are created from templates, which define what information will be exported. Like other resources, these templates can be modified, duplicated, archived, shared… The same way as configuration options for PLC or reports, for example.
elecworks™ already includes various templates. However, you can also create your own ones. In many occasions you may just need to modify a few fields, this option is then very convenient.
When importing a modified XLS file, elecworks™ recognizes which fields have been modified and only updates these ones. To give you more control, before upgrading, elecworks™ will ask you for confirmation ensuring no data are overwritten by mistake.
Discover more features
Electrical design features
- The wiring diagram for a pre-study view
- Intelligent copy/paste
- Macros to re-use in electrical schematics or cabinets
- Multi-line schematic drawing
- Flexible components management by location and function
- Management and automatic terminal strips creation
- PLC schematic diagrams
- 2D cabinet layout and control panel design
- Customizable and automatic reports generation
- Design rules analysis
- Properties table (connection labels)
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design
- Electrical schematic symbol library
- Electrical design software for aeronautics
- Electrical design software for automotive
- Electrical design software for shipbuilding
- Electrical design software for railway
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical design for custom machines
- Electrical design software for panel builders
- P&ID design software for Oil & Gas
- P&ID design software for water treatment
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- P&ID and electrical design for the pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical schematic software
- Electrical CAD software
- 3D electrical design software
- PLM system integration software
- Wire harness design software
- Piping diagrams software
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design software
- LV / MV electrical calculation software
- Electrical installations calculation within BIM
- Photovoltaic PV software
- PV installations sizing software
- Electrical Content Portal