elecworks™ is equipped with a large electrical schematic library of standard symbols.
Symbol manager: The symbols are stored in the library. To facilitate the search into material manufacturer references, the user can use the filters or a classification of symbols according to 7 criteria. The manager tool, common to all projects, allows the creation/edition/deletion of symbols.
Thanks to an easy to use interface, creating your own symbols, defining or changing their connection points, their attributes and their technical and electrical characteristics is very straightforward:
- Adding attributes and circuits to a symbol
- Impose only horizontal attributes
- Associate a default manufacturer reference to a symbol
- Associate a macro to a symbol (which allows it to be associated to the connector)
- Recover information for each symbol in different languages.
Edition: At any time in the scheme, thanks to a contextual menu for the desired symbol, the user can edit the symbol to change it in the library.
Insertion: When inserting a symbol, this symbol automatically cuts the connection(s) and recovers its characteristics.
Symbols can be inserted from the library or from the list of preferences, which is filled by the most used symbols
In the component tree management, a right click lets you insert a symbol directly while it is associated with a manufacturer reference.
Marking: During insertion, the interface allows among other things the creation of a new mark, the allocation to an existing mark, the relocation, the function change, the allocation of manufacturer references, the changes to the electrical and user characteristics, etc..
Marking can be automatic, semi-automatic or manual, according to the rules defined by the user (customer specifications, NSI or IEC standardization, organization uses, type of equipment, etc.).
The black box: This allows the representation of a complex component by its outside contour. elecworks™ lets you insert and manage this type of component in the same way as a symbol from the library (marking, terminal numbering, cross-referencing, etc.).
When inserting a black box, elecworks™ recovers the terminal numbers from the manufacturer reference.
A black box can be associated with any other component (a reel, a contact, a PLC, or another black box), the cross-references comply and respect these associations.
Discover more features
Electrical design features
- The wiring diagram for a pre-study view
- Intelligent copy/paste
- Macros to re-use in electrical schematics or cabinets
- Multi-line schematic drawing
- Flexible components management by location and function
- Management and automatic terminal strips creation
- PLC schematic diagrams
- 2D cabinet layout and control panel design
- Customizable and automatic reports generation
- Design rules analysis
- Properties table (connection labels)
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design
- Electrical schematic symbol library
- Electrical design software for aeronautics
- Electrical design software for automotive
- Electrical design software for shipbuilding
- Electrical design software for railway
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical design for custom machines
- Electrical design software for panel builders
- P&ID design software for Oil & Gas
- P&ID design software for water treatment
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- P&ID and electrical design for the pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical schematic software
- Electrical CAD software
- 3D electrical design software
- PLM system integration software
- Wire harness design software
- Piping diagrams software
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design software
- LV / MV electrical calculation software
- Electrical installations calculation within BIM
- Photovoltaic PV software
- PV installations sizing software
- Electrical Content Portal