For an optimal organization, information is displayed within elecworks™ using a browser of projects and components. Shown in a tree, information is accessible in a fast and intuitive way. Through the project browser, the user has access to all types of drawings and documents used in the electrical project, while the component browser will show their location.
elecworks™ project browser allows you to select, group and sort different types of documents in order to organize any electrical project, through books, folders and customizable numbering for each file, either manually of automatically.
From the document tree, you can quickly view different types of documents: an intuitive way to identify the type of information contained in each drawing. The different types of drawings available are:
- Cover: This is the first page of the project which includes all relevant identification information such as supplier company, designers, project name, revision dates, logos, and any other information relevant to the project.
- Schematics: This type of document includes a graphic representation of the electrical project, such as symbols, wire types, graphical representation of PLC’s, connection labels, among others.
- Single line diagram or Synoptic diagram: This is a conceptual representation of the electrical system, from a general view until a detailed representation. This type of document is designed to make connections between different devices in the system through cables.
- Mixed schematics: This document is a hybrid between the synoptic diagram and schemes, allowing different commands.
- Terminal drawings: Graphical and customizable representation of interconnections.
- Cabinet layout drawings: Real graphical representation of 2D electrical cabinets, including mechanical parts.
- Reports (drawing index, bill of materials, connections…): Set of existing data in the project, which is customizable by the user, and shown as one more document in the project.
In addition, you can attach any file regardless its format, such as .pdf manuals, .word documents, .xls sheets, .dwg files, Gantt diagrams …
The project structure is clearly displayed through books (set of schematic drawings based on the project organization) and documents can easy be sorted into folders. The drag and drop option allows quick modifications such as project documents reordering.
In addition to advanced options such as the project tree and the contextual menu feature, different commands are available, applying either to the whole project or to the selected document only. For instance, the copy and paste commands (for books, folders and drawings), duplicate any selected information and provide a copy (in automatic or manual mode).
Another major advantage is the possibility to work simultaneously on several projects within the same project tree, improving synchronous access and helping the exchange of information between projects.
Discover more features
Electrical design features
- The wiring diagram for a pre-study view
- Intelligent copy/paste
- Macros to re-use in electrical schematics or cabinets
- Multi-line schematic drawing
- Flexible components management by location and function
- Management and automatic terminal strips creation
- PLC schematic diagrams
- 2D cabinet layout and control panel design
- Customizable and automatic reports generation
- Design rules analysis
- Properties table (connection labels)
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design
- Electrical schematic symbol library
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- Electrical calculation software for electrical installations
- Electrical calculation for Solar industry
- Electrical calculation software for Street lighting
- Electrical calculation software for engineering