elecworks™ has a large library of manufacturers’ references, making it an ideal software for designing automation projects and electrical installations.
The large range of equipment available to respond to the functions described in the scheme, is an essential element for design. elecworks™ is now provided with over 120,000 main manufacturers’ references.
The availability of manufacturers’ catalogs and their data updates is a strategic axis in the development of the relationship between Trace Software, user customers and manufacturers. The abundance of these catalogs, their international management and the frequent updates are made possible thanks to the commitment of different manufacturers. Trace Software works with numerous manufacturers with the aim of providing our common customers with databases needed for the perfect exploitation of the software, and this is what makes elecworks™ an ideal tool for electrical panel design. Customers who have subscribed can thus benefit from the manufacturers’ database updates through their software updates or through the Electrical Content Portal by selecting the manufacturers to be updated. The user then downloads the pages directly in the elecworks™ 2D format.
The user can also add his own references through a user catalog creation tool that lets him manually enter references in Excel or Office format, or even import references.
To optimize the software use, the manufacturers ’catalogs are not installed by default in the software. In fact, the user will only be able to install and use the production catalogs he works with.
elecworks™ includes an innovative search system: its unique technology lets you recognize the validity of the selected references, with regard to the symbol implemented. A color code lets you view the material’s compatibility. Reference search has a multi-criteria option and uses the available parameters (family, voltage, calibers, settings, etc.).
elecworks™ also allows for management of the company’s own internal code and to use it as a search criteria.
Add-ons and accessories
Selection of add-on equipment and accessories is handled through an assistant tool.
Dynamic search and search by keyword
The textual search techniques by designation or by keyword are also available, as well as filters for special manufacturers.
Once the material is selected, the cross reference footprints are automatically updated as well as the numbers of material terminals according to the information in the catalogs.
Discover more features
Electrical design features
- The wiring diagram for a pre-study view
- Intelligent copy/paste
- Macros to re-use in electrical schematics or cabinets
- Multi-line schematic drawing
- Flexible components management by location and function
- Management and automatic terminal strips creation
- PLC schematic diagrams
- 2D cabinet layout and control panel design
- Customizable and automatic reports generation
- Design rules analysis
- Properties table (connection labels)
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design
- Electrical schematic symbol library
- Electrical design software for aeronautics
- Electrical design software for automotive
- Electrical design software for shipbuilding
- Electrical design software for railway
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical design for custom machines
- Electrical design software for panel builders
- P&ID design software for Oil & Gas
- P&ID design software for water treatment
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- P&ID and electrical design for the pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical schematic software
- Electrical CAD software
- 3D electrical design software
- PLM system integration software
- Wire harness design software
- Piping diagrams software
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design software
- LV / MV electrical calculation software
- Electrical installations calculation within BIM
- Photovoltaic PV software
- PV installations sizing software
- Electrical Content Portal