For an optimal organization, information is displayed within elecworks™ using a browser of projects and components. Shown in a tree, information is accessible in a fast and intuitive way. Through the project browser, the user has access to all types of drawings and documents used in the electrical project, while the component browser will show their location.
Component management options, enabling the creation and edition of all components of a project, is shown in a dedicated browser. The component browser allows you to navigate through folders for a detailed view of the components and perform actions directly in the component (changing or adding manufacturer references, location / function, access to the properties, etc.). Several classification criteria and browser views (view by location or function, sort by function or mark) are available
Sometimes it is necessary for the project manager to start designing before the production stage, even without having created a single schematic diagram. elecworks™ components management allows you to define the entire installation (location, terminals, components, cables, etc.), edit and print reports (bill of materials, cables, etc.) without having to create a drawing.
In addition, the browser has a navigation function: opening a component, you can access the different representations (2D cabinet footprint, synoptic element, etc.).
The components used in an electrical installation can be super components.
The simplest example of this type of device is the contactor-inverter. In fact, in this case, cross-references can be made at the sub-component or super-component, while maintaining the uniqueness of the component. The sub-components nesting level is unlimited.
Thanks to the hierarchical component management, elecworks™ allows a management of structured components. The numbering of the sub-components will always be unique, inheriting the prefix of the parent component. The sub-components nesting level is unlimited. The most common example is the programmable logic controllers (PLC), consisting of a CPU and racks, and inserted into the rack as subcomponents cards.
Discover more features
Electrical design features
- The wiring diagram for a pre-study view
- Intelligent copy/paste
- Macros to re-use in electrical schematics or cabinets
- Multi-line schematic drawing
- Flexible components management by location and function
- Management and automatic terminal strips creation
- PLC schematic diagrams
- 2D cabinet layout and control panel design
- Customizable and automatic reports generation
- Design rules analysis
- Properties table (connection labels)
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design
- Electrical schematic symbol library
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- Electrical calculation software for electrical installations
- Electrical calculation for Solar industry
- Electrical calculation software for Street lighting
- Electrical calculation software for engineering