Thanks to its flexible management and automatic production of terminals features, elecworks™ is the perfect tool for electrical control design to automatically create terminal drawings with multiple contextual manipulations.
Management and automated generation of terminal strips
Terminals are special components in a project, particularly for the edition of terminal strip drawing. elecworks™ offers all the facilities and automated tasks necessary for processing and managing terminal strips. Terminals can be produced within a project, before starting the drawing itself. All kinds of terminals are produced, passing terminals, selectable, fusible, layered, and spare. You can define accessories for terminals (fuses, LED, etc.).
Starting from the wiring diagram or single line diagram, the user inserts a terminal strip, adds as many terminals as necessary, and the drawings for this terminal strip are automatically produced.
In the terminal strip editor, the user can manipulate the terminals, make multiple selections, sort according to several criteria, add spare terminals, define the number of layers, change references, transfer terminals, re-number series of terminals, choose cables in the database and allocate cable cores. The terminals can be moved from one terminal strip to another using a contextual menu.
All changes made in the terminal editor are automatically transferred to the drawings. You can view and work on several terminal strips at the same time.
Just one click in the terminal contextual menu lets you edit the terminal strip or update its drawing.
Terminal strip editor
Electrical terminal strip scheme software, the scheme terminals are inserted in elecworks™ in the same way as a symbol is, one by one or line by line. Marking the terminals is made automatically or manually according to the project parameters. The interface offers the user the possibility to rename the terminals, to return them, transfer them, insert or delete spare terminals, allocate material references, manage the layers.
The interface lets you allocate a cable from the left and/or the right of one or more terminals. The green/yellow wires (or grounding wires) are recognized by elecworks™, which automatically reconnects them to grounding terminals. The contextual menus let you rename, delete, de-allocate cables and/or cores. elecworks™ limits the number of wires per terminal.
Terminal strip drawings generation
This fastidious task is entirely automated and handled by elecworks™.
When the terminal strips and cables are defined, the terminal strip drawings are automatically produced in the determined format (for example, NF or DIN) depending on the configuration parameters.
Automatic production of terminal strip drawings in NF format
The user can define the terminal strip drawings as he wishes using a complete configuration tool. The direction and number of terminal strips can be determined, as well as terminals per drawing, and each type of terminal benefits from a special graphic that can be totally configurated.
Automatic production of terminal strip drawings in DIN format.
The terminal strip editor lets each terminal strip be defined:
- If it must be represented
- Which configuration it will be represented with
- Which section it will be represented in
- Its position in the list of terminal strips
- Terminal strip drawing generation
Page breaks (automatic and user) are viewed by colored lines within the terminal list. They represent the cutting of the terminal strip drawings. The user can, at will, delete them, add them, or move them, using the contextual menu.
You can sort the terminals by result, by cable, by core, by equipotential, by material reference, by terminal number as well as by drawing.
Discover more features
Electrical design features
- The wiring diagram for a pre-study view
- Intelligent copy/paste
- Macros to re-use in electrical schematics or cabinets
- Multi-line schematic drawing
- Flexible components management by location and function
- Management and automatic terminal strips creation
- PLC schematic diagrams
- 2D cabinet layout and control panel design
- Customizable and automatic reports generation
- Design rules analysis
- Properties table (connection labels)
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design
- Electrical schematic symbol library
- Electrical design software for aeronautics
- Electrical design software for automotive
- Electrical design software for shipbuilding
- Electrical design software for railway
- Electrical calculation solutions for Energy efficiency
- Electrical design for custom machines
- Electrical design software for panel builders
- P&ID design software for Oil & Gas
- P&ID design software for water treatment
- Electrical calculation software for the hospitals
- P&ID and electrical design for the pharmaceutical industry
- Electrical schematic software
- Electrical CAD software
- 3D electrical design software
- Wire harness design software
- Piping diagrams software
- Hydraulic and pneumatic design software
- LV / MV electrical calculation software
- Photovoltaic PV software
- PV installations sizing software
- Outdoor lighting calculation software
- Electrical Content Portal